BuddyPress Core is one of the two components that is required by BuddyPress. It is always activated on your community site. You cannot disable it: think of it like the heart of BuddyPress, could you live without your heart? BuddyPress can’t run without its Core ♥️.
The Core component doesn’t include much user facing features, its main roles are to manage:
- Common functions, APIs, libraries and pieces of user interface other BuddyPress components can use.
- Default BuddyPress member capabilities.
- BuddyPress generated URLs parsing.
- BuddyPress pages and views loading on the front-end.
- Component items front-end navigation and corresponding WP Admin Bar menu items.
- BuddyPress Settings/Tools Administration screens and BuddyPress global settings.
- BuddyPress updates and upgrades routines.
- Deprecated functions, APIs and libraries.
It only includes two user facing features:
- The BuddyPress Emails.
- The BuddyPress Login form Block widget.